Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Band Stuff

Well, we went this Saturday to the Lake Lanier Band Competition and we did pretty well. We didn't place in class or anything like that but we did get straight 2's for the band, a 2 for drum major, a 2 for percussion, and a 1 for guard who also placed second in class. The eight captains had to stand there forever while they called the awards and scores and my hands were frozen. Jamie said that we weren't cold, the guard members were cold because part of their uniforms is mesh. Fine, but if we can't be cold then i don't want to hear them complain about being hot ever again. After we were all back on the buses I went around with the candy I used to bribe the woodwinds into doing well. yep, they love me. We did see this one psychotic band that I have no idea how they have so many members. A girl, who I'm assuming was their drum major, was yelling at them telling them all to shutup (we were about five hundred yards away from the stadium at this point therefore it was completely unnecessary for them to be dead silent) and that if they wanted to win they had better start acting like it right now, oh yeah, they were all at the fall in position too. The chaperones woke everyone one up on the buses a few minutes before we got back to the band room at 1 am. I put the award I had carried on the table and I got out of there (after putting my uniform and stuff up). My dad took me to huddle house where my mom and some of my friends were hanging out and I bought some biscuits and gravy, and milk, I love milk. I ate most of it when I got home and then I passed out at about 2 am then my mom's alarm clock woke me up at 8:30 so I woke her up and went back to bed. I think I woke up at 12 this last time and ate a slice of pizza and played with my nieces and made some lemonade. I think I"ll bring Kriegy some lemonade on Monday. *wonders if she could bring her lunch too and, if so, what she should make* possibly soup again but I don't like to repeat myself. Ooh, ooh, ooh, Kriegy don't tell anyone but guess what I'm gonna be for Halloween. V from V for Vendetta, hehehe one of the best movies of the world. Urgh, you should have read that journal instead of my extended paragraphs I thought it was actually pretty good. *sigh*

3 comments:

BLITZKRIEG! said...

Thanks for the lemonade; it's the best I've had in a long time! As for your papers...everyone has an "off" time. You'll get better, I promise. And, you'll do fine on the SAT essay; I think I"m gonna let ya'll practice a 25 min. SAT essay on Friday, just for good measure...the time limit's the only thing I'd be worried about with some of ya'll.

stephanie said...

...SAT essay? is she serious????? i will freak out. really. seriously. but, anyway...i do agree that if the colorguard is saying the band can't be cold 'cuz u don't wear mesh, then they can't complain about being too hot.

Angela said...

*happy dance for awesome lemonade* I think I'll go get some of my awesome lemonade. Oh yeah, sorry Kriegy, I didn't have enough time to make lunch today but hey, there was lemonade so it wasn't that bad. I don't know if I can take anymore essays (pretty sure I bombed the AP one today) but I know I should really get in some practice.
the color guard is pretty psychotic sometimes. before practice today they were all running around the parking lot because (I'm not one hundred percent sure about the reason) they did something wrong at the festival. They came in second in class though, surprised the crap out of a lot of other bands.