Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall Break

So, though fall break is but two days and the weekend, I believe I will take a foray into the wild as I've been tempted to do since I began toddling about. There was always the appeal of it being some sort of Spartan rite of passage. Honestly though, it feels like we've all fallen into an invisible cage. Blarg, it's hard to describe. Sometimes, though, it feels as if all of the mythical races were really just humans once upon a time, and we've smooshed it all out of ourselves. Every fall, it seems as if I'm an elf or whatever again. I just want to take off into the woods and cause random mischief, never really allowing anyone to see me again... Who knows, maybe I could even write that epic quest novel I've been meaning to get to. Seriously though, I was unbearably close to leaving society this weekend. *Sigh* It's not like I don't have all of the supplies necessary.
1. Sword
2. Bow
3. Extreme whimsy and curiosity
4. Nagging since of a higher purpose/quest for a quest

If one day I'm not around anymore, don't panick; it just means I've finally found my way into tir na nog/Narnia/Alagaesia/Hogwarts/Arran/the-rest-of-the-extensive-list-of-imaginary-places-of-legend.

And so the quest of Angela began.

I can never do anything normal or easy, can I? I've already started breaking it to my family that I'm going to be a bard. For some reason, everyone's reaction is to offer another word for minstrel. My brother said bard and Stephanie said troubadour. Nope. Neither of those will do. A bard is more of a writer (shakespeare) and a troubadour is an actor. They are all similar, but minstrel suits me better... though tinker would also work, even if it doesn't have a definitive musical association.

Mayhap I'll go on grand adventures and be poor all the while, saving memory and money so that I may live richly when my youth fades. Whatever I do, I've known all along I couldn't live as others are wont to. I'm only truly happy when I do something amazingly abnormal.

Whatever I do, everything will be fine. Now I must go and plan the first of many adventures.

London's calling.

No comments: